Thursday, December 8, 2011

Foreigner's impression for me

When I came to this class firstly, I was surprised there were many different people. Until I made friends with them, I thought foreigners have long nose, blue eyes and very tall and very cheerful. Maybe, I think Japanese people have these images. But, I was really wrong! Foreigners came to Japan from different countries and they speak different language. There are many people who are tall or small, black, green, blue eyes and very cheerful and gentile, like Japanese people. I came to this class, Visual Anthropology of Japan, and took the lesson; I realized they have many different idea and thoughts. I was very glad that I had the lesson because I listened to these ideas near them.








I will try to talk with foreigners even if I came back to the Hotani campus because I want to make friends with them. Kansai Gaidai University gives me many chances to contact with them and to go abroad. So, I have to catch them, and have a good time in the university without regret! I will go to study in the USA for a year, but I must not be satisfied with my present situation. Next year, I will have an interview of the roommate program in order to live with them. My friend who lives with foreigners said to me, “If you are interested in it, you should get the chance because it is very exciting!” So, I’ll live there while I have a part-time job.

I was really happy that I took this lesson and contact with many wonderful people. When I will meet them, I would like to be very good at English. So, I will study harder and harder!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you have a chance to meet people from different cultures. One lesson of anthropology is that we as humans have more in common than differences.

    Thank you for your efforts this semester.

    ReplyDelete