Thursday, October 6, 2011

Portrait of a Foreigner

 I hadn't have any foreign friends until I came to Nakamiya campus to take this class, Visual Anthropology of Japan. So I introduce my French teacher, Alexis D'Hautcort, to you.

He is a French teacher and he can speak French, English and Japanese. We, my classmates and I, are taught French by him. The impression about foreigners was that they were very kind who have colored eyes and hair. I thought Foreigners were very tall, slender, kind, gentle and had a humor. In fact, he was that. He was very gentle and kind, and have colored eyes and have a humor, So, I was right about foreigner's portrait!

When I asked my friends what you thought about him, some people said he was very kind and I like very much, and others said he was very pretty... I'm agree at the former because he is always gentle to teach us French and he helps me when I can't understand. But I am afraid I couldn't say the latter word for him...

There is the only surprising happening for us. He was angry about a man at our class. When he taught us French, a man suddenly went out the class with the cell phone had in his hand. So, he was a little...very? angry at the man and locked our class door. When the man came back to the class, he said politely "You should say something to me when you went out this class". I was surprised he was angry because I didn't think he was angry. But, I also thought he was right that he did so. We felt he was very kind, but on the other hand he was terrible if he was very angry.

I don't change the portrait for Mr. D'Hautcort because he is our good teacher.
So,our classmates and I like him very much, and I'll study harder French for him!

2 comments:

  1. I have met your teacher and he seems like a very nice person. I certainly understand his anger at the student using the cell phone. I hope you will have more chances to interact with foreigners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonjour,
    merci pour ce portrait, flatteur et trop gentil
    J'espere que vous allez bien

    ReplyDelete